Friday, May 3, 2013

Mom Goes To Court Over Eviction Notice Because Of Owning Gun

May 2, 2013 by Jim White

Mom Goes To Court Over Eviction Notice Because Of Owning Gun

Eviction-Notice

Editor’s note: A few days ago, Freedom Outpost brought you a story about a 63 year old woman in Michigan who was being threatened with eviction becuase she owned a gun and kept it in her home. The following is an update to that story.

As I stated in my original article posted on April 27th, updates on my mother’s situation would be provided as they became available. It is for that purpose which I am writing this now. I have included a link to the official police report phoned in by the manager of Clare Castle, but I will get to that in a minute.

First, I would like to briefly discuss the meeting of the attorneys. As scheduled, my mother and her attorney, Ghazey Aleck, met with the Castle management and their attorneys on Tuesday, April 30, at Clare Castle. The meeting was brief. I, being in Montana, was not present.

The following information was relayed to me by my mother. I am not going to pretend to quote either attorney exactly, but I can go over a couple verbal highlights.

As the meeting began, their attorneys asked what they were going to do about the 7-day notice. Ghazey responded to the effect: “You called the meeting, what are you going to do about it?” They pressed the 7-day notice and he told them that he was not going to defend my mother right then, he would do it in court. He and my mother then proceeded to stand up and walk out. The entire thing lasted about a minute, I was told.

Now, I would like to cover the report obtained by Ghazey through the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) that I have linked to below. The document, CAD Incident Report, was called in on March 22, and was taken down by Captain Saad. It is almost exactly like a document I originally posted, but the document below has visible notes by the officers. As you will notice upon closer examination, the document actually contradicts itself. In the incident comments, it states the reason for the call to be threats of a firearm.

However, if you look a bit further down to the area that I have underlined, you will see that the manager relates to the officer that my mother is neither a threat nor suicidal. That is clearly noted by Captain Saad.

No, she is guilty of making the residents “feel uncomfortable,” and they “feel uncomfortable around her.” I’m not sure if that offense rises to the level of an eviction notice, but you can decide that for yourself. In fairness, I would strongly suggest that my mother use more wisdom next time when it comes to discussing firearms with anyone. Just sayin…

So it’s reported, by the snitches, that my mother threatened to “go get a gun” after she lost a card game. Again, I was not there and have no idea what context the comment was made in, or if it was even made. No matter. The report clearly states, as taken down by Captain Saad from the Castle manager, that Sondra is not a threat nor suicidal.

After the meeting, the attorneys for the Castle spent 2 hours with a few selected residents behind closed doors. This was corroborated by numerous un-selected residents. Perhaps it was time for a bit of, “get on the same page?” It looks like they are going to court, unless they reach a settlement. In the meantime, my mother will pay her rent and stay put until the matter is adjudicated. From what I gather, Ghazey is a pretty sharp fellow. He will probably subpoena everyone from the residents down to the fellow who spreads salt in the parking lot. Someone will need to either come clean, or stand up in court under penalty of perjury and tell more lies. I will provide updates as they become available

As with many seniors, my mother is on a fixed income. At her request, I have included a link to assist with her legal fund. She is asking that each person donate just $1 to her defense. Many thousands of people read the previous article, and if even a fraction of that population read this and donates just $1 it will go a long way. Thank You.



Read more:
http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/05/mom-goes-to-court-over-eviction-notice-because-of-owning-gun/#ixzz2SEJpEMCs

 

No comments:

Post a Comment